I'm particularly liking this all-white accessory trend; not all white in the Diddy-in-the-Hamptons party sense - although I certainly would welcome the invite - but as a tasteful, fresh neutral to pair with the bright teals and greens and pinks of summer. The happy news is, this appears to be a trend with fab options at all price points.
Yes, Etiquette Mavens, I am chatting about wearing white pre-Memorial Day. I hope you don't find this too shocking, but I have adopted the post-modern* "Whenever it's miserably hot, hopefully after Easter, get your whites out" rule. Not to worry, though - I'm still writing thank you notes aplenty and generally being uptight about everything.
*Post-modern = I'm making this up, but hoping it sounds impressive.
The Pretty Picks:
Clockwise from the top left:
- "Chanel J12 Diamond White Ceramic Midsize": As Holly Golightly might say, this is the Absolute Finito of the ceramic watches, the one that set the white accessories trend in motion. As I discovered on my Chanel window-shopping adventure & discussed later with SLynnRo, this watch is to be coveted and admired from afar. "From afar" because, unless you are an oil baron/baroness, or whichever baron/ess is en vogue nowadays**, this basic model will cost you a rough $5,800.
**Health insurance baroness? Doesn't quite have the same ring . . .
- "Michael Kors Ceramic": I nominate this as my pick for the best under $500 reasonable (recognizing "reasonable" is relative) choice. This is simple and elegant in typical Kors form.
- "Adidas Wooser Collection": I will forgive the giant logo for the budget ($60) price and sporty style.
- "Michael Kors Iconic Catwalk": A different, more punk take on the trend.
- "TOYWATCH Chronograph Dial Acrylic": Probably the most true to the Chanel model, but under $300.
As for my favorite category, the handbags:
Starting again from the top left, going clockwise:
- "Louis Vuitton Epi Leather Bowling Montaigne GM": in the Pretty Pantheon of handbags, this shall be mine just as soon as my omnimedia empire takes off.
- "Gap Oversized Canvas Tote": a classic basic, this is my budget pick on sale at $34.99
- "Botkier Trigger Clyde Satchel": Thanks to the lovely Bama Belle, I spied this bag on her site just today. I've seen this bag before, but something about its clean, yet interesting lines in this crisp white sent my AmEx aflutter. This might be love, and I might have tracked this down on top-secret super-sale and ordered it. You know, just theoretically.
- "Marc by Marc Jacobs Softy Tobo": Another solid basic from my BFF of handbags du jour, Marc.
- "Target Merona Satchel": another solid budget choice ($24.99). As always, I recommend you inspect a Target bag in person before ordering, but I've had great luck in the past with Merona bags.
Darlings, what do you think? Any other summery goodies we should know about?
(Edited to Add: Reader & real-life BF, the Deep Diving Diva, recently gifted me a genuine faux replica of that Chanel beauty. Thanks again, J!)