ALERT! Unicorns and rainbows and whiskers on kittens to follow! ALERT!
If you'll forgive me this Fraulein Maria moment*, I'm finding myself in need of an attitude adjustment of the sort that only cosmetic dermatology can provide. Since the Tax Man has taken that lifeblood away for the moment - turns out you can't deduct chemical peels - I'm forced to turn to the free, non-alcoholic** variety of happy perspective.
*Am I using this phrase correctly, Ms. Coconut Diaries?
**Non-alcoholic just because it's Tuesday - and I'm out of Veuve.
Maybe it's all the gorgeous wedding pictures floating around the web as of late - ahem, Kate - but amidst all of the These Difficult Times gloom of the past few weeks, I've found myself going over the past 2.5 years of my marriage and finding comfort in the little Smug Married*** stuff.
***These apply to anyone who has been in a long-term relationship, be it with a man, woman, or Chia Pet.
Of course, this isn't to say that I believe my Smug Marriage is perfect or anywhere near it. I intentionally, and under blood oath, don't dwell on the negative or truly private stuff here
except to say that, left to his own devices, the Anonymous Husband would verily bury our home in piles of change left everywhere, the weight of which would eventually sink our house.
Ahem. In any event, I'm forcing myself to take the By God, I'm A Fortunate Person!?!?!!! approach today with things I'm starting to learn about my husband type person such as:
- I like that I can tell when the AH is doing his fake laugh. No, I won't tell you.
- I like that he blatantly tries to cheer me from my
frequent occasional sullen moods my making me laugh, even though it makes me want to deck him (in the most demure, feminine manner possible) at the time.
- I like that he himself is rarely in a sullen mood, which leaves me free to be the moody one.
- I like that he tells me the same thing, line for line, each day before I leave for work. I like less that I leave for work before him, or leave for work at all, but I digress . . .
- I like that I don't have him or this all figured out yet.
And with that, my darlings, I'm off to Force! Perspective! And! Happiness! via ice cream & "The Colbert Report".